Children are very energetic and tend to do a lot of fun and play around the whole day, this is the main reason why they lose energy very easily. The diet of children and even an 8-month baby food should be planned in such a way that they not only get the required amount of nutrients but also is not heavy or full of calories and provides children the energy that they need for all the activities that they carry around for about all day long. Kids often lose the nutrients that are being fed to them and it is being lost almost on a daily basis, so a drink that is being provided to them must not only contain the nutritional values that they need on a daily but also keeps adding the required minerals in their body that they lose while carrying out the fun loaded activities.
Advantages of healthy drinks
Fruits juices and the healthy drinks that are being consumed either by the children or the adults it is sure to provide the body with the required amount of minerals and nutrients and keep them in good condition for long. It has a number of benefits for the body and some of them are also listed below:
- These are liquids that are consumed and so it helps in keeping the body hydrated along with adding minerals to it which is required for great energy especially during summers.
- It is made up of fresh fruits at home and so it also keeps acidity and other acid-related diseases at bay.
- There are generally homemade which means that are absolutely preservatives free and also do not contain sugar compounds that are usually found in packed drinks. It means they contain very fewer calories.
- Fruits which are rich in antioxidants should be used so that it increases the immunity level. Berries, Mangoes, etc can be used that has a high level of antioxidants.
After knowing the benefits of drinking healthy homemade drinks, you must be thinking of what drinks should be made and how to make so that it can be served. Don’t worry we have come up with some of the best and tasty drinks that your drinks are surely going to love and will gulp it quickly without any tantrums. Some of the drinks listed below are absolutely so good and nutritious that they can also be used as an 8-month baby food since it is a drink the baby can sip some spoons of it.
Some quick recipes of the drinks that can be easily made at home:
- Sun-Melon and Banana milkshake- Add peeled and cubed bananas to the scooped out melons into a jar, sprinkle some sea salt over the ingredients and blend them both in the consistency of juice, after doing it for 2 minutes add some plain yogurt to the mixture and then blend it again and make a juice. Serve it chilled to the children and they will love it.
- Papaya Lassi- Lassi is the best drink during hot summers which is very good for the body and also provides freshness inside. Take some papaya to peel it and cut it into cubes. Add papaya, curd, some pink salt and sugar on top of it. Blend it well so that the papaya gets mixed well along with the curd and the consistency is that of a drink that can be gulped easily.
- Ginger and Tender Coconut mix- Take some fresh tender coconut water, add some crushed ginger to it and squeeze some amount of lime to give it a tangy taste since ginger may not be loved by children as they are bit strong in taste. Mix them well so that the ginger gets properly mixed and the coconut water absorbs its flavor. Add some ice and mix them again and serve it cold to the children to provide them nutrition.
- Pinna Colada- Take some peeled and diced pineapples, add some deseeded cherries to it and put them into a jar, top it some pink salt, some sugar, mint leaves. Pour some coconut milk into the jar and blend it well so that it turns in to a healthy juice. Serve it chilled to the children and watch them love some healthy drinks.
- Strawberry Milkshake- Strawberries are the most loved fruit by most of the children and it has a great taste when shakes and cakes are made from it. Put some strawberries in a jar, add some blueberry jam to it for taste, some sugar and low-fat milk so that it doesn’t get overloaded with calories. Mix them well and serve them chilled.
- Banana and peanut Shake- Take bananas, peanut butter, milk, mint, and strawberries. You can also use yogurt instead of strawberries. Mix them well and blend them so that they turn into a tasty and healthy juice. Your kid will surely love it for its great taste.
- Muskmelon chiller- Very simple and prepared with fewer ingredients this drink is yummy and good for children. Mix muskmelon, honey, vanilla essence some water and ice if you want to serve it cold. Make a juice of it and served as loved.
- Watermelon slush- Watermelon, lemon, water, sugar. Mix all the ingredients and add ice at last if you want to serve it cold to your child.
- Berry Smoothie- Mix blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, and honey for taste. Make a juice out of it and your kid will sip it in seconds.
- Cucumber and Mint Juice- Very simple juice and will keep your child hydrated in summers. Mix cucumber, mint, water, lime, and mint together and make a juice and serve it to your children when they return from school.